Wrecsam Tri Club Committee Meeting –24th October 2016

Present:

Julian Hunter, Gill Wood, Chris Smith, Ian Laing, Kim Norman, Pete Norman

 

Apologies for Absence:

Claire Ballamy, Pete Ellis, Kate Ellis, Aline Briffa

 

Item No.

Item

Action

1.

Introduction

KN welcomed everyone to the meeting. Pete Norman turned up later to observe.

 

2.

KN - Minutes from the last meeting (20/9/16)

Tracked changes accepted.

 

3.

Event Update

a. Chirk

2017 date set for 23rd April

Go Live date Sunday 6th Nov 7pm on NiftyEntries

Defib idea passed on to George Jones at Glyn Ceiriog centre to discuss.

Ist aid training confirmed with Ian Laing for all club members, date TBC at AGM.

George Jones agreed to hand out prizes in 2017.

Dan Craigen in talks with Freedom leisure to encourage more Chirk entrants.

 

4.

a. Bala (both)

Bala Middle date 4th June 2017. Received Welsh Middle Distance Championship status

 

5

Club Assets

List provided by Julian Hunter as attachment to minutes. Committee to be aware that all items will need to be moved within 24 months. Discus options at next meeting prioritise the list.

 

6

Welfare Officer Training

PE Contacted WCB, they advised that they do not offer such courses but they do contract in companies to train own staff. They have supplied a contact. Contacted Beverly Lewis of WTA (21st Oct) regarding when the next North Wales course is due to take place. If not scheduled, we will need to decide on whether to support costs to send Ian to South Wales events.

All agreed to support Ian, PE to progress

Under the BTF guidance, the club will have to demonstrate compliance to their safeguarding policy. This can be achieved through producing a document detailing how and why we propose to make Ian the Clubs Welfare Officer. PE will lead this and produce document to which we as a committee can review and ultimately approve.

PE

PE

7

Captain’s Fund

Newsbite update to include

Buddy Run New Years Day.

Ideas for 12 days of Christmas needed.

CS agreed to hold Moel Famau handicap

PE

8

Club Kit

PE to advertise again through FB before making final order with Rosa Sport

Further interest from club members for kit. Propose the club purchases 10 x cycle tops @ £48 each (3x sizes only) and 15 x T’Shirt @ £30 each = £930. This will enable Pella to go into manufacture. Seek approval / comments from committee. Outcome will be incorporated into newsbite.

Committee agreed although £30 a T shirt seemed high.

GW raised the point that Iestyn was the club kit coordinator, is this still the case? PE to discuss with Iestyn.

KN to ensure Iestyn receives minutes via email.

PE

PE

KN

9

Membership

Subs cost to be taken to AGM, members to be aware that membership income alone doesn’t cover the club’s affiliations and running costs.

KN

10

Coaching

As a small thank you a Swim & Curry night will be planned in December & our coaches will be invited for free dinner. KN to arrange 8th Dec 8:30pm. Newsbite content.

Bill Crawshaw has expressed an interest in taking his Level 1 coaching course in order to assist Chris Smith at track sessions. It was agreed to fund Bill. PE to book course & liaise with Bill

JH to liaise with Guy Clamp who has offered to coach swim sessions at Total Fitness as a level 3 coach. All welcomed this. JH to progress

CS to attend ‘Coach in Running Fitness’ course via grant funding £255.

PE

JH

11

2017 Club Event

Committee invites members to make suggestions for the club event next year, nominations will then be voted on at AGM. PE to promote via FB/Newsbite. Suggestions taken to AGM:

  1. Day in the Lakes – Tony Sinnett
  2. Alp D’Huez & Boundary Breeze – Chris Smith
  3. Sprint Relays & Fell running relays – Pete Norman

PE

12

Border League

Race dates to be promoted

PE

13

Club website

In order to make sure this site is still current, each committee member to be allocated a section/page to review each month feeding back any changes to JEH. KN to allocate at next meeting.

KN

14

Christmas Party

The Ramada hotel buffet suggestion is on hold.

PE to find a ‘lead’ person to take this event forward asap & canvas club members input. Waiting for response from Aline

PE

15

AGM

Venue agreed, Llandegla provisionally for 20th Nov 10-11:30 with refreshments. Promoted via FB by KN.

To be communicated by newsbite with a check on Newsbite that all new emails addresses are used/ refreshed to improve delivery.

Which posts are up for election?

Is the constitution available pre AGM to all?

PE

PE

PE

16

AOB

Life membership nominations?

London Marathon entries?

‘Clothes2order’ suggested as good site

PE

17

Date of Next Meetings

Jan Tuesday 24th 2018

AGM confirmed 20th Nov

8th Dec meeting & social. Country Spice 8:30pm, coaches to be invited. KN to email coaches

KN


Minutes compiled by;

Kim Norman

Secretary