Wrecsam Tri Club Committee Meeting –24th January 2017

Present:

Julian Hunter, Gill Wood, Chris Smith, Kim Norman, Pete Ellis, Kate Ellis

 

Apologies for Absence:

Claire Ballamy, Aline Briffa, Ian Laing

 

Item No.

Item

Action

1.

Introduction

PE welcomed everyone to the meeting & wished all a happy new year.

 

2.

KN - Minutes from the last meeting (24/10/16)

Tracked changes accepted. Continued actions accepted

 

3

New items

 

3.1

The club minutes are referred to as ‘open’ in the club constitution regarding posting final versions on club website.

 

3.2

Committee members can invite people or observers to a committee meeting or consider a request to attend by members only, it should not be a ‘drop in’ meeting.

 

3.3

Cholmondeley Castle Tri invite to club of 4 free entries in return for race promotion within club. KN to contact organiser for details

KN

3.4

Club policies that are currently on website include: Child Protection, Lost Child, Bilingual, Chirk race management Plan. These should become an appendix of the club constitution so that reviews are easier.

PE/KN

3.5

Club Constitution. PE to propose a new framework for the revised constitution & policy list with deadline of 2017 AGM to present to club. Allocate 30mins at next committee meeting to agree a framework. Chris Smith to provide the new Chester Tri framework for comparison to the WTA version

Current club constitution to be emailed to committee before next meeting 14th March 2017

PE

KN

CS

PE

     

4.

Event Update

a. Chirk

2017 date set for 23rd April

1st aid training dates agreed, to be advertised in Newsbite Feb edition. Committee agreed to gift Ian Laing a piece of club kit as a thank you.

Trespass talking to Dan Craigen about possible prizes.

JH mentioned outstanding bills from 2016 event. KN to chase up.(St Johns & Raynet)

All agree we need someone on the Chirk organising team with a specific role to oversee the Chirk race account so that any profit / profit share can be agreed. Should look to club members first. Action on KN

JH explained that the profit from the Chirk race account needs to be incorporated into the club account for CASC purposes.

Amberon Traffic Management course has been offered to club through Simon Richards. 5 places have been provisionally booked for key Chirk marshals. KN to email out course content “Lantra Awards Traffic Management for Community Events”

KN

KN

KN

5.

a. Bala (both)

This item to be removed from agenda going forward as no longer a club organising interest.

 

6

Club Assets

List provided by Julian Hunter in October 2016

. Committee to be aware that all items will need to be moved within 12 months. Discus options at next meeting, prioritise the list.

Outstanding action

7

Welfare Officer Training

Action carrying over from last month PE & IL to create a Club Welfare officer document in time for Chirk Tri 23rd April 2017

The WTA 3 hr remote learning course IL needs to complete and then club affiliation to be update by KN.

Action on IL to complete course and review & make recommendations to committee

PE IL

KN

IL

8

Captain’s Fund

Review of events and spends to date regarding numbers attending and costs. To be compiled by KN for next meeting.

KN

9

Club Kit

All agreed on to finalise order of £3580

PE to send out February Newsbite detailing the purchase of the kit and last chance order.

PE

10

Membership

KE proposed a late renewal fee of £5 for subscriptions after a given time period, all agreed[L1].

Benefits to club members were discussed such as Borders League, Cross Country, Social Training sessions with a view to capturing this in an advert to members in Newsbite edition.

All agreed coaches should be copied inn to all new members welcome emails.

??

KE

11

Coaching

As a small thank you a Swim & Curry night will be planned in December & our coaches will be invited for free dinner. KN to arrange 8th Dec 8:30pm. Newsbite content. Completed with Chris Smith & Steve Smith. Ollie Smith outstanding, KN to wait for Ollie to suggest a date to suit.

Bill Crawshaw still interested and given dates to choose from.

JH to liaise with Guy Clamp who has offered to coach swim sessions at Total Fitness as a level 3 coach. All welcomed this. JH to progress

CS to attend ‘Coach in Running Fitness’ course via grant funding £255. End of Feb 2017

KN

PE

outstanding

JH

12

2017 Club Event Updates

 

Day in the Lakes – Tony Sinnet

Alp D’Huez Chris Smith compiling list of who & how & when

Boundary Breeze – Chris Smith

Sprint Relays

Fell running relays – October Ireland

Abersoch Triple Crown events – Kim Norman

http://abersochtriplecrown.com/

3rd June, 17th June, 16 Sept.

 

13

Border League

Race dates to be promoted

PE

14

Club website

In order to make sure this site is still fresh & updates, each committee member to be allocated a section/page to review each month. KN to allocate at next meeting.

Outstanding

KN

15

Christmas Party

This was not resolved in time for Christmas.

The idea of a 25th birthday party was discussed. PE to ask Max Williams to consider organising.

PE

16

AGM

Minutes finalised.

Action Log?

KN

KN

17

AOB

Spin room for hire at Chester Myokenetics, Cheri Mills as coach.

Either a social event using Captain’s fund or a bike training event. CS to progress.

CS

18

Date of Next Meetings

Every 6 weeks where possible.

14th march 2017

9th May 2017

KN


Minutes compiled by;

Kim Norman

Secretary


 [L1]Not sure of action