Wrecsam Tri Club Committee Meeting –14th March 2017

Present:

Julian Hunter, Gill Wood, Chris Smith, Kim Norman, Aline Briffa, Ian Laing

 

Apologies for Absence:

Claire Ballamy, Pete Ellis, Kate Ellis

 

Item No.

Item

Action

1.

Introduction

KN welcomed everyone to the meeting

 

2.

KN - Minutes from the last meeting (24/01/17)

Tracked changes accepted. Continued actions accepted.

 

3

New items

 

3.1

Border League Event management course. Agreed 5 places at £20 could be forwarded for the course. Our interest has been passed on by Chris Smith.

CS

3.2

BTF Rule changes. Club should highlight important changes to its members and Chirk entrants.

KN

3.3

Welsh Athletics club affiliation by 1st April £50. KN to fill in form and return.

KN

4.0

Cholmondeley Castle Tri invite to club of 4 free entries in return for race promotion within club. KN to contact organiser for details.

KN spoke with Brain Adcock of castle Events. 5 team entries offered for 4 man relay teams. KN advertised on club FB, so far 1 team entered. Free voucher code from Brain for online entry.

Advertise through Newsbite

KN

PE

4.1

Club policies that are currently on website include: Child Protection, Lost Child, Bilingual, Chirk race management Plan. These should become an appendix of the club constitution so that reviews are easier.

PE/KN

4.2

Club Constitution. PE to propose a new framework for the revised constitution & policy list with deadline of 2017 AGM – to present to club. Allocate 30mins at next committee meeting to agree a framework. Current club constitution to be emailed to committee before next meeting 9th May 2017

PE

     

5.

Event Update

a. Chirk

2017 date set for 23rd April

1st aid training dates now all completed. Huge thanks to Ian for hosting these. Committee agreed to gift Ian Laing a piece of club kit as a thank you. Mention in Newsbite.

Account audit person confirmed as Ellen Ashton. Joint access to google spreadsheet of accounts as supplied by Dan Craigen

Amberon Traffic Management course cancelled by Amberon at last minute due to low numbers from other areas. Committee agree course is worthwhile. KN to investigate providing the course in house.

Defib machine now with KN, awaiting cabinet. IL to invoice Chirk account for payment.

PE

KN

6

Club Assets

List provided by Julian Hunter in October 2016.Committee to be aware that all items will need to be moved within 12 months. Discus options at next meeting, prioritise the list.

Outstanding action

7

Welfare Officer Training

Action carrying over from last month PE & IL to create a Club Welfare officer document in time for Chirk Tri 23rd April 2017

The WTA 3 hr remote learning course IL needs to complete and then club affiliation to be update by KN.

Action on IL to complete course and review & make recommendations to committee.

Outstanding actions

PE IL

KN

IL

8

Captain’s Fund

Review of events and spends to date regarding numbers attending and costs:

Llandegla Buddy Run with Chester Tri £50.

The Hash was eligible but DB did not pursue payment.

All agreed to include in Newsbite to promote and attract new ideas from members.

PE

9

Club Kit

All agreed on to finalise order of £2690 with Pella. PE to progress order.

Samples available to try re sizing, as organised by PE

PE

10

Membership

KE proposed a late renewal fee of £5 for subscriptions after a given time period (24 Jan17). After discussion an ‘Early Bird Bonus’ was agreed as a more positive technique.eg from 1st Jan - 28th February membership is reduced by £5 after which it goes up by £5 to the agreed fee.

Benefits to club members were discussed such as Borders League, Cross Country, Social Training sessions with a view to capturing this in an advert to members in the next Newsbite edition.

PE/KE

11

Coaching

BTF course.

Bill Crawshaw agreed dates with PE to attend course. Committee agreed to send Bill, £350 cost covered by grant funding??

CS to attend ‘Coach in Running Fitness’ course via grant funding £255. End of Feb 2017. Completed part 1, other dates in April & July.

It was discussed that Roger Lynes Club member is an ASA swim coach level 1.He has offered to coach the club at Total Fitness if he can be put forward for a level 2 triathlon coaching course. He is only really interested in coaching swimming. KN to get in touch.

KN

12

2017 Club Event Updates

Alp D’Huez Chris Smith compiling list of who & how & when

Cholomdely sprint relay. June 24th/25th

Sprint Relays ?

Fell running relays – October Ireland ?

 

13

Border League

Race dates to be promoted

PE

14

Club website

In order to make sure this site is still fresh & up to date, an appropriate club member to be allocated a section/page to review each month. KN to allocate at next meeting.

KN

15

Christmas Party

This was not resolved in time for Christmas.

The idea of a 25th birthday party was discussed. PE to ask Max Williams to consider organising.

Club Captain Claire Ballamy to approach Max

PE

CB

16

AGM

Minutes finalised.

Action Log?

KN

KN

17

AOB

CS to consider advertising a Bike-Run training session, then posting via FB & Newsbite

Swim stroke analysis. KN to investigate prices for a group booking

CS

KN

18

Date of Next Meetings

Every 6 weeks where possible.

9th May 2017

20th June

KN


Minutes compiled by;

Kim Norman