Wrecsam Tri Club Committee Meeting – 6th May 2017

Present:

Julian Hunter, Gill Wood, Chris Smith, Kim Norman, Aline Briffa, Kate Ellis, Pete Ellis, Max Williams

 

Apologies for Absence:

Claire Ballamy, Ian laing

Item No.

Item

Action

1.

Introduction

PE welcomed everyone to the meeting including Max as 1st time.

 

2.

PE - Minutes from the last meeting (14/03/17)

Tracked changes accepted. Continued actions accepted.

 

3

New items

 
 

Newsbite passwords to be given to Max

PE/MW

 

London Athletics Aug17. Use Newsbite to see if anyone else from club spectating. Generate some interest

PE/MW

 

New Swim coach needed. Request to go out via Newsbite

PE/MW

 

Discussion re UK athletics photo policy

 
 

Chirk BTF race report was excellent.

 
 

CASC update. Agreed to close the Chirk race account & transfer funds to club account

KN/GW

 

London marathon results to be shared re Helen Bainbridge

PE?MX

 

Kim & Pete to meet up outside of meeting to progress some of the bigger items outstanding

KN/PE

 

Request from Dan Craigen to provide list of unattached Chirk entrants that can be emailed re interest in joining Wrecsam tri

MW/KN

 

Club Development Plan. Discussion re want member want from a club & why some members may have left the club. Set a target at 100-150 members for a viable healthy club.

Pete to seek feedback via Newsbite

Max to talk to Tim Burnett

All tasked with talking to 5 people club & non club members to general feedback about WTC.

Chirk Race revenue should have a use for longer term club planning.

PE

MW

All

     

4

Previous Items

 
     
 

Border League Event management course. Agreed 5 places at £20 could be forwarded for the course. Our interest has been passed on by Chris Smith. Update – 2 attended from club; Chris & Simon Richardson. CS to feedback at next meeting

CS

 

BTF Rule changes. Club should highlight important changes to its members and Chirk entrants. KN completed re Chirk entrants.

 
 

Welsh Athletics club affiliation by 1st April £50. KN to fill in form and return. Completed

 
 

Cholmondeley Castle Tri invite to club of 4 free entries in return for race promotion within club. KN to contact organiser for details.

KN spoke with Brain Adcock of castle Events. 5 team entries offered for 4 man relay teams. KN advertised on club FB, so far 1 team entered. Free voucher code from Brain for online entry.

Advertise through Newsbite. Update – 1 team has entered, still worth a promotion via newsbite of FB

PE/MW

 

Club policies that are currently on website include: Child Protection, Lost Child, Bilingual, Chirk race management Plan. These should become an appendix of the club constitution so that reviews are easier. Progress needed.

PE/KN

 

Club Constitution. PE to propose a new framework for the revised constitution & policy list with deadline of 2017 AGM – to present to club. Allocate 30mins at next committee meeting to agree a framework. Current club constitution to be emailed to committee before next meeting 9th May 2017

PE

     

5.

Event Update

a. Chirk

2017 date set for 23rd April – race went well with 536 competitors. Race report on request form Chirk Committee via KN.

Huge thanks should be noted to all club members who gave up time to marshal. Action to promote this PE

1st aid training dates now all completed. Huge thanks to Ian for hosting these. Committee agreed to gift Ian Laing a piece of club kit as a thank you. Mention in Newsbite + letter from club to Ian & station commander.

Account audit person confirmed as Ellen Ashton. Joint access to google spreadsheet of accounts as supplied by Dan Craigen. Race accounts still to finalised.

Amberon Traffic Management course cancelled by Amberon at last minute due to low numbers from other areas. Committee agree course is worthwhile. KN to investigate providing the course in house.

Defib machine now with KN, awaiting cabinet. IL to invoice Chirk account for payment. Payments made, defib delivered, awaiting launch opening!

PE

PE

KN

KN

6

Club Assets

List provided by Julian Hunter in October 2016.Committee to be aware that all items will need to be moved within 12 months. Discus options at next meeting, prioritise the list.

Outstanding action

7

Welfare Officer Training

Action carrying over from last month PE & IL to create a Club Welfare officer document in time for Chirk Tri 23rd April 2017

The WTA 3 hr remote learning course IL needs to complete and then club affiliation to be update by KN.

Action on IL to complete course and review & make recommendations to committee.

Outstanding actions

PE IL

KN

IL

8

Captain’s Fund

Review of events and spends to date regarding numbers attending and costs:

Llandegla Buddy Run with Chester Tri £50.

The Hash was eligible but DB did not pursue payment.

All agreed to include in Newsbite to promote and attract new ideas from members.

PE

9

Club Kit

All agreed on to finalise order of £2690 with Pella. PE to progress order.

Samples available to try re sizing, as organised by PE. Hoodies arrived. Tri suits awaiting.

PE

10

Membership

KE proposed a late renewal fee of £5 for subscriptions after a given time period (24 Jan17). After discussion an ‘Early Bird Bonus’ was agreed as a more positive technique.eg from 1st Jan - 28th February membership is reduced by £5 after which it goes up by £5 to the agreed fee.

Benefits to club members were discussed such as Borders League, Cross Country, Social Training sessions with a view to capturing this in an advert to members in the next Newsbite edition. Discussion re sinking with athletics membership dates in April. Action to decide by Oct/Nov 2017

PE/KE

11

Coaching

BTF course.

Bill Crawshaw agreed dates with PE to attend Level 1 BTF course. Committee agreed to send Bill, £350 cost covered by grant funding. Pete to progress

CS to attend ‘Coach in Running Fitness’ course via grant funding £255. End of Feb 2017. Completed part 1, other dates in April & July. Chris now has several ‘victims’ to work programmes for.

It was discussed that Roger Lines Club member is an ASA swim coach level 1.He has offered to coach the club at Total Fitness if he can be put forward for a level 2 triathlon coaching course. He is only really interested in coaching swimming. KN to get in touch. Completed, KN met with Roger, he very keen to help re swimming & open water, he is in touch with Steve & Ollie to arrange shadowing at the pool.

PE

KN

12

2017 Club Event Updates

Alp D’Huez Chris Smith compiling list of who & how & when. Completed on FB

Cholomdely sprint relay. June 24th/25th

Sprint Relays Nottingham 26th August

Fell running relays – October Ireland ??

British Fell running relay Champs Llanberis 15th Oct 17

KN

PE

CS

13

Border League

Race dates to be promoted with reference to our positions in league tables.

PE

14

Club website

In order to make sure this site is still fresh & up to date, an appropriate club member to be allocated a section/page to review each month. KN to allocate at next meeting. Update – names listed below have been allocated a tri club website to review page by page & report back at next meeting:

CS GOG

Kate Cadence

Max Mersey Tri

Aline Nottingham

Julian Rochadale

Pete BTF

Gill ManTri

Kim Oswestry

Claire Total TRi

KN

ALL

15

Christmas Party

This was not resolved in time for Christmas.

The idea of a 25th birthday party was discussed. PE to ask Max Williams to consider organising.

Club Captain Claire Ballamy to approach Max. Update discussion around a xmas party for 2017, thoughts left with Max

PE

CB

MW

16

AGM

Minutes finalised.

Action Log? KN & PE to meet.

KN/PE

17

AOB

CS to consider advertising a Bike-Run training session, then posting via FB & Newsbite. Working well

Swim stroke analysis. KN to investigate prices for a group booking. Done with 10 people taking part.

 

18

Date of Next Meetings

Every 6 weeks where possible.

20th June

1st August

 


Minutes compiled by;

Kim Norman

Secretary