Wrecsam Tri Club Committee Meeting –26th September 2017

Present:

Julian Hunter, Gill Wood, Chris Smith, Kim Norman, Kate Ellis, Pete Ellis, Claire Ballamy, Tom Brown, Ian Laing

 

Apologies for Absence:

Max Williams, Aline Briffa

 

Agenda

•          Member Survey questions results review

•          Wrecsam Triathlon Constitution – 2nd draft

•          Development next steps

•          AGM

•          Website

•          AOB

Item No.

Item

Action

1

AGM date agreed 26th November at Llandegla 10-11am.

Set up from 9:30am. Agreed to keep short 1hr.

Agenda to include :

  • Captains fund recap
  • Election of officers
  • Recognition to those stepping down in particular Gill & Julian
  • Club kit
  • AGM date & details
  • Captains Fund reminder
  • Club committee busy at work re survey results & development plan
  • Survey results?
  • Date from Tom for beginners/introductory bike ride?
  • Xmas party news?
  • Vacant posts?
    • London Marathon places. PE to check
    • Mold Border League. CS suggesting to use Amberon for traffic mngt. JH & Gerry Billington are Citas training but need to check insurance status with Welsh Athletics.
    • Club kit needs new stores, to be removed from JH’s asap.

PE/KN

2

Member Survey responses discussed. 83% response.Should results be posted online for all to see?

Committee agree good response but club must deliver on key elements including social activities, cycle coaching, attracting new members, improving communication.

Some concern over possible missed emails approx. 20 members may not have received survey. PE to check against members list.

PE

PE

3

Development Plan action tracker as proposed by PE should be used to push tasks through to completion.

 

 

4

Wrecsam Triathlon Constitution. All to feedback on version 3 by 4th Oct. Pete to resend V3

PE to check generic clause re online payments in future.

‘Roles & Responsibility’ now completed by each committee member. PE to transpose into Club handbook.

Standing down from post JH, GW, AB, KE. These posts need to be communicated to members before AGM voting.

CB happy to step into Treasurer role for 12months, nominating Tom Brown as Club Captain.

PE/All

PE

PE

PE/MW

5

Newsbite. 1st edition from MW, all agreed content fun & engaging. Ideas for content for next edition:

 

6

Chirk. Account needs closing. KN to contact Nifty Entries. Chirk 2018 date to be announced end of Oct.

KN

7

Website. KN to propose content of new website for review at next meeting. Noting that Logo & font were specially created for site & should be maintained. Option to close webpage leaving a cover page with key info & contacts & note explaining under development/work in progress/ out training.

KN

8

Online membership payment proposal. Costs from Dan Craigen 4% + vat on each transaction, so club membership fee would increase. KE asked question as to whether this service would make things easier for membership secretary. JH explained yes in long run. KE to contact Dan Craigen to discuss.

KE

9

Freedom Leisure. KN replied to Amanda Roberts to set up meeting.

 

10

BTF Award – Chirk application written & submitted. by KN & CB. Not successful. See WTA website for results.

 

11

AOB

PE

CS

     

12

Date of next meeting 24th Oct. venue TBC

KN