Wrecsam Tri Club Committee Meeting –24th Oct 2017

Present:

Julian Hunter, Chris Smith, Kim Norman, Kate Ellis, Pete Ellis, Claire Ballamy, Tom Brown, Ian Laing, Max Williams, Aline Briffa

 

Apologies for Absence:

Gill Wood

 

Agenda

•    AGM agenda as sent out by Pete in powerpoint

•    Update on actions from last meeting

  • Officer updates
  • Christmas party

•    AOB – Oswestry event offer

 

Item No.

Item

Action

1

A thank you to Tom for organising the Sunday Social bike rides from Total Fitness. Attendance is growing.

 

2

AGM date agreed 26th November at Llandegla 10-11am.

Set up from 9:30am. Agreed to keep short 1hr.

Agenda to include :

  • Captains fund recap
  • Election of officers
  • Recognition to those stepping down in particular Gill & Julian
  • Club kit
  • Accounts

24/10 – PE provided power-point template requesting committee members input by role & all agreed to a 1min stand up to introduce themselves & role, including t hose in ‘caretaker’ roles that haven’t been elected yet.

PE/KN

All

3

Member Survey responses discussed. 83% response.Should results be posted online for all to see?

Committee agree good response but club must deliver on key elements including social activities, cycle coaching, attracting new members, improving communication.

Some concern over possible missed emails approx. 20 members may not have received survey. PE to check against members list.

24/10 – PE suggest adding to next newsbite as a summary & a thank you for taking part.

PE

PE

MW

4

Wrecsam Triathlon Constitution. All to feedback on version 3 by 4th Oct. Pete to resend V3. 24/10 – JEH asked to resend his comments / track changes

PE to check generic clause re online payments in future.

‘Roles & Responsibility’ now completed by each committee member. PE to transpose into Club handbook.

Standing down from post JH, GW, AB, KE. These posts need to be communicated to members before AGM voting.

CB happy to step into Treasurer role for 12months, nominating Tom Brown as Club Captain.

24/10 – PE advised that all R&R’s have been updated to include monthly commitment time. R&R’s are now complete and await upload to BT Club Management Portal and new WTC website. Action on all to final proof own role before JH puts up on current website.

PE/All

PE

PE

PE/MW

All

JH

5

Newsbite. 1st edition from MW, all agreed content fun & engaging. All agreed we needed a ‘AGM’ newsbite to ensure the members got all the info they needed re voting on 26th Nov.

MW

6

Bala Races to fold. Facebook news from George Watson was that Bala races made a loss & could not continue in the future. Possible other options to take race over waiting to hear.

 

7

Chirk. Account needs closing. KN to contact Nifty Entries. Chirk 2018 date to be announced end of 29th Oct. race date 15th April

Dan contacted again 26th Oct.

KN

8

Website. KN to propose content of new website for review at next meeting. Noting that Logo & font were specially created for site & should be maintained. Option to close webpage leaving a cover page with key info & contacts & note explaining under development/work in progress/ out training. No progress as yet. JH has removed sponsors. KN, MW, CB to meet to review.

KN

9

Online membership payment proposal. Costs from Dan Craigen 4% + vat on each transaction, so club membership fee would increase. KE asked question as to whether this service would make things easier for membership secretary. JH explained yes in long run. KE to contact Dan Craigen to discuss.

24/10 – PE sent an email to DC on 18th October. Await a response.

KE

10

Freedom Leisure. Club members invited to a free spin session 24th Oct 8pm. 13 people attended with a view to announcement of a weekly WTC session .

KN

11

Facebook Admin. JH to add MW to admin in order to be able to remove unsuitable content.

JH

12

AOB

  • London Marathon places. PE to check. 24/10 – WA will advise PE in November – may need to be in AGM newsbite
  • Mold Border League. CS suggesting to use Amberon for traffic mngt. JH & Gerry Billington are Citas training but need to check insurance status with Welsh Athletics. Remains with Chris to get a quote in the first instance.
  • Club kit needs new stores, to be removed from JH’s asap. Item to be added to AGM Newsbite
  • A new triathlon series is advertised in Oswestry, club received invite to participate. Max to include in next Newsbite
  • Begin to take register at coaching sessions to provide data on membership use of sessions
  • Officer updates. In the absence of new officers coming forward from members the back-up situation may be as follows:
  • Sarah Ryder for treasurer
  • Tom Brown for Secretary
  • Kim Norman for membership secretary

PE

MX

CS

MW

MW

PE

13

Christmas Party. Prices from Ramada hotel for a New Year function room & hot buffet with bar @ approx. £15 p/p based on 30. Next meeting to discuss subsidising & inviting past members & friends of the club. Newsbite should mention a January party & suggest that Christmas drinks are organised via Facebook

KN

MW

14

Date of next meeting 7th Nov venue Waterworld 7pm

KN

 

Minutes compiled by Kim Norman.